SMART's User Group Charter:
The purpose of the SolidWorks Milwaukee Area Resource Team, herein after referred to as SMART, is to promote the free exchange of information related to the use of SolidWorksâ among the membership of SMART. It will provide a forum in which the membership can assist each other in furthering their knowledge and advancing their abilities in the use of SolidWorksâ and related Solution Partner products.
- SMART will be organized and operated completely through volunteer participants.
- SolidWorks Corporation and SolidWorks VARs are welcome to participate, but cannot vote.
- There will be a maximum of 1 per member company, individual or organization which owns SolidWorksâ software.
- There will be no membership dues.
SMART will annually elect members to the following board positions:
- President: Represents the group, and is responsible for organizing meetings and activities.
- Vice President: Assists the president in organizing meetings and activities. Fills in for other officers in their absence.
- Secretary: Assists the president, records and keeps meeting minutes, maintains the membership list, and distributes meeting agenda and minutes.
- The above officers are required to attend every SMART meeting and activity.
- Committee Members: Query members to establish topics of discussion and establish break out group agenda. With the boards’ assistance, organize speakers and presentations.
- Volunteers: Provide assistance on an irregular basis for such things as arranging for a guest speaker, being a guest speaker, arranging meeting location, refreshments, etc.
- A two-thirds membership vote will be required to amend this charter. Proposed changes will be voted upon via ballot only. Members will be informed of proposed charter changes a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the meeting at which the vote is taken.
- Board members may hold office for one (1) consecutive term. Continued service will be permitted only if position and service record are unchallenged.
SMART will meet on a regular basis, 4 times per year.
- Members will be encouraged to host the meetings by providing a meeting room and refreshments. The board will facilitate the meetings.
- A time during every meeting will be designated for an open forum/discussion on subjects relating to SolidWorks.
- SolidWorks Corporation, VARs and other Solution Partners may be invited to give demonstrations of their products.
- Members are encouraged to present case studies related to SolidWorks.
- Participants will be notified of the meetings through their designated “company contact” via e-mail. Additional promotions may be made through the SolidWorks Corporation web-site and local mailings.
- Members will be e-mailed the prior meeting’s minutes and upcoming meetings agenda 2 weeks prior to the meeting.
- A minimum of 48 hour notice is required for meeting cancellation.
- A database of member companies will be kept and distributed among the participant companies.
- The database will not be available to any company or persons not active participants in SMART.
- Anyone using this information for purposes not related to SMART, will be denied membership in any further activities involving SMART.
- Required information: Information required for membership in SMART is as follows:
Number of Seats
Company Contact Name (Available/Not-Available for contact)
Software Usage (castings, sheet metal, plastics, etc)
Contact Phone Number
Contact FAX Number
Backup Contact Information (E-mail, Phone, FAX)